- 2 tablespoons chopped shallots
- 2 to 3 young cepe (Boletus) stems, chopped
- 5 tablespoons butter
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3/4 cups heavy cream or half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound fresh tagliarini
- Freshly grated Romano or Parmesan cheese
1. In a sauté pan or skillet, sauté the shallots and chopped stems in butter until hazel colored.
2. Add the lemon juice. Add the cream, salt, and pepper and cook at a very low temperature for about 10 minutes, stirring gently.
3. Cook the pasta in a large amount of boiling salted water until al dente and drain.
4. Pour the sauce over the pasta in a serving bowl. Generously sprinkle the cheese on top.
(Source: Robert Machler from Wild About Mushrooms by Louise Freedman)