Post – Agar
By Aldo Zilli
Preparation time, 1-2 hours;
- 200g/7oz digestive biscuits, crushed
- 75g/3oz butter or vegan margarine, melted
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 200ml/7fl oz limoncello liqueur
- 3 tbsp agar-agar
- 400g/14oz firm tofu
- 1 tbsp vegan cream cheese
- 400g/14oz coconut cream
- few drops vanilla essence
- 115g/4oz caster sugar
- fresh berries or berry sauce, to serve
- In a bowl, mix the crushed biscuits with the butter or margarine. Press the mixture into the base of a 20cm/8in round springform cake tin.
- In a pan set over a very low heat, add the lemon juice, limoncello, a splash of water and the agar-agar. Stir until the agar-agar has dissolved.
- In a food processor, combine the tofu, cream cheese, coconut cream, a splash of vanilla essence, sugar and lemon zest. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the tofu mixture over the biscuit base and smooth the surface. Chill in the fridge for an hour until set. Serve with fresh berries or a berry sauce.
(Source: BBC Food Recipes)
One thought on “Zesty Tofu Cheesecake”
Looks amazing 😋