A really simple use of black salt in a spicy fruit salad:
- 2 medium sized ripe peaches
- 4 plums
- 2 kiwis
- 2 granny smith apples
- 1 medium sized grapefruit
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (2 limes)
- 1 teaspoon black or pink Himalayan salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon red cayenne pepper (or to taste), plus more for dusting
- Peel the peaches, plums and kiwi fruit and cut into chunks and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Core and add the apples and finally peel and section the grapefruit and add to the bowl. Add in the mint leaves and the almonds and mix lightly.
- In a small bowl, add in the lime juice, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper and mix well. Add the dressing to the fruit and toss lightly, chill this for at least 30 minutes before serving.