Post: Fresh Harbara Channa
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 pinch asafoetida
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp cumin seed
- 3 cloves garlic chopped finely
- 1 tbsp ginger chopped finely
- 1 red onion chopped finely
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (or to taste)
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped finely
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1 cup green chickpeas (defrosted)
- 1 cup Basmati rice (washed)
- Heat oil in a deep heavy bottom pan, add asafoetida, bay leaf, cumin seeds and fry for one minute.
- Add ginger and garlic and saute for 2 minutes
- Add onion and saute for 10 min till they start to turn brown at the edges
- Add red pepper and tomatoes, salt and saute for about 7 mins.
- Add chickpeas and mix well
- Add rice and two cups of water, Bring to boil, cover and simmer on low for 15 mins till rice has absorbed all of the water and beans are tender.
- Serve with salted yoghurt.