Post: Victoria Sponge
- 175g Self Raising Flour
- 175g Caster Sugar
- 175g Butter
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Water
- Preheat the oven to 160oC. Grease and line two 7″ cake tins.Method:
- Sift flour into a bowl and set to one side
- Using an electric whisk beat together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add the beaten eggs and the water along with a little of the flour.
- Gently fold in the rest of the flour until the mixture is combined, but do not over mix.
- Pour the mixture evenly between the tins. Bake for 25-30 minutes until well rise, golden and firm to touch.
- Allow to cool before turning out of tins, sandwiching with jam and whipped cream. Dust with icing sugar.
(Recipe adapted from the Be-Ro Recipe book via Tough CupCakes)