Post: Pilau Talk
- One cup of long rice (basmati)
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of sugar
- One packet of vanilla
- 1/3 cup of raisins
- 1/3 cup of dried cherry or apricot
- 1 apple
- Orange zest
- Wash and rinse the rice well, until the water is clear. Place rice in a saucepan with double the amount of water and a pinch of salt. Boil rice on low heat until it is cooked. Rinse the boiled rice under cold water and drain.
- Place butter in the saucepan and melt. Add sugar, peeled and chopped apple. Mix well and let it cook for 2 minutes.
- Then add raisins, chopped dried fruit, mix again and let the mass cook for 8 minutes.
- Finally add cooked rice, vanilla, orange zest into the saucepan and mix up.
- Place ready rice on the place or bowl and serve. You can garnish the dessert with light cream, nuts or jam on the top.
This recipe is from The Georgian Journal, 6 August, 2015