- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup gram (chickpea) flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons fine semolina
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon chai spices*
- 3/4 cup ghee or butter
- 1 pinch chopped pistachios
1. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and set the oven to preheat at 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, add flour, gram flour, semolina, powdered sugar, salt, and chai spices, and combine. Add ghee/butter and combine well.
3. Roll into round balls, about 1/2″ inch thick, then place on baking tray. Press down with your fingers into thick disks and sprinkle with pistachios, pressing in gently.
4. Bake 12–15 minutes until slightly browned. Let cool, then serve.
Note: * Chai spices: two or more of the following – cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, cloves, star anise, and sometimes fennel, nutmeg, pepper and coriander.
This recipe is adapted from The Raw Spice Bar with thanks.