Post: Funeral Food
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cornflour
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons caraway seeds
- 180g unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped finely
- extra cornflour for dusting biscuit stamp
- Mix together the flour, cornflour, salt and caraway seeds.
- In a separate bowl cream together the butter, icing sugar and rosemary until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture and beat until combined.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Roll dough mixture into balls.
- Press into biscuit stamp lightly dusted with cornflour.
- Place on prepared trays.
- Continue until all mixture is used.
- Place trays in refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 150C / 300F
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Allow to cool briefly before placing on a wire rack to cool completely.
(This recipe is from Vicky Vladic, Invitation to a Funeral, 2011)