- 400g (3 cups) dried rosehips
- 1 1/4 litres (5 cups water
- 100g (3.5 oz) caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- 2 tsp cornflour or potato starch
- small almond biscuits (mandelbiskvier) or almond flakes/slivers
- whipped cream, ice cream or crème fraîche
- Blend the flour with a little of the liquid to form a runny paste and then stir into the soup.Soak the dried rosehips overnight in 500 ml (2 cups) or water.
- Transfer the rosehips and their soaking liquid to a saucepan, bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes, or until tender.
- Purée and add the remaining ¾ litre (3 cups) of water, leave the flavours to infuse for 30 minutes or so.
- Pass the purée through a very fine sieve into a clean saucepan, add 100 grams (3½ oz) of caster sugar and, if desired, some vanilla paste or half a vanilla pod (bean), split lengthways .
- Blend the flour with a little of the liquid to form a runny paste and then stir into the soup.
- Reheat the soup, stirring continuously, until thickened. Leave to cool.
- Serve slightly warm, at room temperature or cold. Garnish with mandelbiskvier or almond flakes (slivers) and serve with whipped cream, ice cream or crème fraîche. Store any leftovers in a fridge.
Enjoy! This recipe is adapted from SwedishFood.com